Trust Your Gut
Here at Omayma Skin, we believe a happy gut is the key to a radiant complexion.
The skin is our largest organ, and what happens on the inside will show on the outside. If there is an internal imbalance, it might show as an external skin condition.
Inflamed, irritated or congested skin?
Start with looking at your gut health and what you are feeding your good bacteria with.
A balanced gut will support your immune system as well as your liver, which is your second largest organ, and your liver works to detoxify your body.
Supporting your body with the right micronutrients will provide the right conditions to function properly.
And a well-functioning body with a flourishing gut microbiome and strong liver will essentially support your skin health!
Want to know some ways to improve your Gut Health? Here are some of our favorites:
- Take pro and prebiotics. Probiotics give your gut a diverse range of live bacteria for your gut's microbiome. Prebiotics help clear the way for success, and allow your gut to absorb the good bacteria. Taking both are important!
- Take a range of probiotic foods. These can include fermented foods like kimchi, kombucha, pickled foods, probiotic yoghurts, kefir, raw milk & dairy, and sauerkraut.
- Eat a high fiber diet. Not only are natures high fiber foods incredibly nutritious, but fiber acts as a prebiotic enabling further absorption from your foods. High fiber foods include beans, lentils, broccoli, avocados, raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries.
- Eat foods that do not cause inflammation. An inflamed digestive system is an inflamed gut. If your system is having to fight against foods that are seen as "inflammatory" it will have to work harder to clear them from your system. Foods that are inflammatory include refined sugar, grains, processed foods and deli meats (processed meats).
- Drink plenty of water and take electrolytes. Keeping your system hydrated is key to every part of your system, including your digestive system!