The Glowing Skin Tonic Recipe
Being one of the most anti-inflammatory foods available, Turmeric is a true skin food hero. Ginger, being packed with over 40 antioxidants, is known to bolster your skin's ability to fight free radicals and so slow the signs of aging from within. Ginger also encourages blood circulation, which enhances your skin's natural halo-glow from within. Our final skin superhero ingredient for the tonic is Spearmint. High in salicylic acid which combats sebum build up and helps fight acne prone skin.
With our tonic recipe, you can use it to make enough for one serving, however we recommend making a big batch and keeping it in your refrigerator, ready for whenever you want it! We also absolutely love drinking this as skin enhancing mocktail too!
- 1/4 Cup finely sliced peeled turmeric (about a 4 inch piece)
- 2 Tablespoons thinly sliced peeled fresh ginger (about a 2 inch piece)
- 1 large handful of spearmint leaves, chopped finely.
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 Teaspoon honey/agave
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Sparkling water
1. Combine the ginger, half the spearmint, turmeric, honey/agave & water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover, turn the heat off and let rest for 20 minutes for maximum infusion. Let to cool and strain.
2. Combine the infused tonic water with the lemon juice, remainder of fresh spearmint, some ice and finish with sparking water.